COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
To Village members seeking more details about availability of the COVID-19 vaccine: we hear you!
Latest Update (01.19.21)
Beginning Monday, January 25, 2021, Chicago will formally move into Vaccination Phase 1b—meaning they will start to ramp up vaccination for Chicago residents >65 and specific groups of highest-risk or front-line essential workers. Learn more about Chicago’s vaccination phases.
What We Are Doing
We continue to be in contact with local officials and other community organizations for updates, and as soon as vaccination opportunities are available in Chicago, we will inform the entire Village membership via email about how they can register for an appointment.
Members and guests are welcome to join us on Tuesday, January 26 for COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A with Dr. Richard J. Miller: a frank, virtual, question-and-answer session with Dr. Miller, Professor of Pharmacology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. Dr. Miller will provide us with some updates and you can get answers to some of your most pressing questions. Click here to RSVP.
Stay informed with COVID Coach
1) Pre-register for a vaccine: Find out when a vaccine is available. Everyone signed up will be contacted by the Chicago Department of Public Health.
2) Receive testing information: Learn the latest about tests and testing sites.
3) Get help monitoring symptoms: Receive text messages tailored to your symptoms.
Learn more and sign up at chi.gov/covidcoach (click here).
More COVID Vaccine Information
The most relevant and up to date information for Village members currently residing in Chicago can be found at the City of Chicago COVID homepage (click here).
Please note: if you do not live within the City of Chicago OR are currently residing in another residence outside of the state of Illinois, please refer to your local city/county/state resources for vaccine updates.
We Are Here for You
The Village Chicago is open for business via email and phone. We are working together as a community to keep each other safe, engaged, and healthy. The Village staff responds quickly to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and phone calls to 773.248.8700.
All Village members receive the Member Memo by email each Wednesday and a calendar of upcoming events each Friday. In addition, one Wednesday each month the entire Village community of members, friends and supporters receives The Navigator, our newsletter about life after 50.
The Village Chicago will continue to offer a variety of virtual events using Zoom and organize some outdoor events for those who are interested—strictly following all safety precautions. Members of the Village community are continuously developing social gatherings, discussion sessions, fitness classes and other exciting activities. Please check our calendar to register for these programs, and email us at email@example.com to share your ideas for ways to engage people and have some fun! Your feedback is especially welcome.
We would also like to acknowledge and celebrate the resilience and strength of our community, so please send us stories you would like to share — people caught in acts of kindness, tips, and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are links to some useful resources:
Illinois’ New COVID-19 Resurgence Management Plan (Effective 7.24.20)
- Chi COVID Coach: If you have COVID-19 symptoms, you can sign up to receive texts that check in on how you are feeling, provide day-by-day guidance, provide information on testing, and more. Registration is free, and your information will be protected. Click here to sign up.
- Remote Patient Monitoring Program: Through this program, Health Workers will digitally connect with you when you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms but do not require emergency or inpatient care. To see if you qualify, call 866.443.2584. Click here for more information.
- CDPH COVID-19 Call Center: The Chicago Department of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. Please call 312.746.4835 Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, or email email@example.com.