Spring Warbler Walk
Saturday, May 15 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 amFree
Members only–free. This event requires registration and it is now FULL. To be added to the wait list, please scroll down. The day before this event, a confirmation email will be sent to registered attendees with additional details.
While our Village Bird Walk on April 18th was fun and invigorating, we look forward to our annual spring warbler walk to yield more than the 25 species we identified. A few weeks of warmer weather and winds from the south should deliver many new varieties of migratory birds including the warblers for which Montrose is famous. We should also get a glimpse of the famous piping plover pair, Monty and Rose, who arrived at Montrose the week of April 26th. Bring your binoculars and masks. Dress in layers and wear good walking shoes.
Limited spots available. Note that the trail is uneven at times and is not accessible for assistive walking devices.
To join our limited in–person events:
- Registration is required (including guests) with no more than 10 participants.
- Social distancing is still recommended when possible.
- Attendees who feel ill or have recently traveled out of state in the last two weeks should stay home.
- Per new CDC mask guidelines: Attendees who are vaccinated are not required to wear a mask at small outdoor public gatherings (unvaccinated and immunocompromised individuals should still wear a mask).
- All attendees should still bring a mask in case social distancing is not possible–even the great outdoors can become crowded! Masks are still required on public transit and indoors.
- Reservations required for all events.
- The Village aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.