Early Onset Dementia & Impact on Families with Dr. Steven Fox of Wellspring
Tuesday, May 18 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Members & guests–free. To RSVP, please scroll down. The day before the event, registered attendees will be sent a confirmation email with the Zoom details.
Less than 10% of all dementias are of early onset. Accurate diagnosis, treatment and prognosis are essential for the patient and family. In this talk with Dr. Steven Fox you’ll learn:
- The key element of diagnosis, staging and prognosis.
- The emotional and real world impact on the person and the family.
- Inter-generational strategies for coping and living with this disease.
About Dr. Fox
For the past 34 years the primary focus of Dr. Fox’s clinical practice, teaching and research has been the care and treatment of the elderly and disabled. His expertise in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care began with his Master’s Degree research conducted in 1977. Since 1989, he has conducted forensic examinations and provided expert testimony in criminal and civil elder abuse and financial exploitation trials. He is a recognized court appointed expert in guardianship, undue influence, and probate proceedings. He is the Medical Director of Wellspring Personal Care and has provided expert testimony in nursing home, assisted living, home care and physician malpractice litigation. Dr. Fox has taught and published on the topics assessment of decisional capacity, guardianship, reality testing, personality disorder, geriatric syndromes, telemedicine, nursing home care and litigation.
Areas of Clinical Practice and Expertise:
Geriatrics , Alzheimer’s disease, Assisted Living, Home Health Care, Elder Abuse, Nursing Homes, Abusive Acts against Disabled Persons, Guardianship, and Independent Medical Examiner
- Reservations required for all events.
- The Village aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.