Early Migration Birding Walk – WAIT LIST
Sunday, April 18 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 amFree
Members only–free. This event is now FULL. To be added to the wait list, please scroll down.
David Baker reports he wandered the trails of Montrose Point last weekend and spotted the first migratory birds–Grackles and Red Winged Blackbirds. On April 10, come join him at Montrose to celebrate the re-opened lakefront and observe a lot more migrating species.
Things have changed quite a bit because of winter storms, especially on the lake shore. The Park District is also building an accessible trail around the point so next year members with walkers and wheel chairs can join us. Be sure to come wearing a mask, dressed in layers, bring binoculars and wear sturdy shoes.
Limited spots available. Note that the trail is uneven at times and is not accessible for assistive walking devices.
- Registration is required (including guests) with no more than 10 participants.
- Masks are required to participate — CDC guidelines currently recommend wearing masks when multiple households gather, even if all present are vaccinated.
- Social distancing is still recommended when possible.
- Attendees who feel ill or have recently traveled out of state in the last two weeks should stay home.
- Reservations required for all events.
- The Village aims to match participating members by request to Village events when other members who are attending the event are able to provide transportation. When registering, please let the Village office know if you are able to drive or would like a ride to an event.